What to Look for in a Good Portable Restroom Provider
When you need to hire a portable restroom provider, you want to go with a company that is reputable and takes care of their units so you can rest assured that your event guests or your employees will have the clean facilities you expect. But how do you know if the provider you’re considering meets that standard? We’ve come up with this handy list help you know what to look for in a good portable restroom provider.
1. Informed Representatives – The person you talk to when you call should be able to answer your questions and provide the details you need on all of your available options. And most importantly, they should be able to tell you exactly how many units you will need based on the number of guests or workers you will have, as well as how often those units need to be serviced (if you’ll be renting for more than one day).
2. No Minimums and No Gimmicks – Some providers try to impose a minimum number of units or days to schedule a rental. The best providers are happy to provide one unit or several and for as short or as long as you need them. Also beware of gimmicks like hidden fees or extra fees that drive up the cost of your rental. A good provider will give you a fair straight-forward quote with no hidden extras you didn’t ask for.
3. Several Options – The reasons or types of events a portable restroom may be needed for will vary quite a bit. You don’t want the same units at your wedding reception that were on a construction site two days ago. The best providers have several portable restroom options to choose from. For example, at Powell’s Sanitation, we’ve got deluxe units, trailer units with multiple stalls, handicap accessible units, and family restroom units – just to name a few. And you should be able to order extras like hand towels, lotion, and air fresheners when you reserve your portable restroom unit rental.
4. Reputation for Integrity – A good provider will give you a fair quote based on location, type of portable restroom, number of units, and any necessary maintenance plus any extras you’ve requested. Feel free to ask for a list of references. Good companies will be happy to let their customers share about their experiences. They should have a reputation for providing clean and fresh units that have been properly treated and sanitized. Improperly cleaned units will arrive with a strong odor – exactly what you don’t want at your event!
5. PSAI Member – Portable Sanitation Association International (PSAI) is the leading authority in portable restrooms. PSAI members have to meet and continuously uphold the highest standards of the sanitation industry.
With so many providers to choose from, it can be tough to know what portable restroom company to trust with your event or worksite sanitation needs. This handy list should help you know what to look for when making that choice.